Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Perfect Attendance?

(My computer has been gone the last few weeks for some "mystery" repairs, so I apologize for simply disappearing for a little while.)

After we returned from our mini-vacation, Kristen and then Timothy both developed sudden fevers which left them miserable and drained for a couple of days.  The fever and a sore throat were their only symptoms, and by the time I decided to call the pediatrician, they felt better.  The episode was a minor blip on the typical health radar; however, I spent quite a bit of time praying that whatever they had would not affect Michael.  The next days passed, and Michael was and continues to be fine!

The school report cards for the year arrived, and we celebrated each child's work and accomplishments.  I was proud of their grades, but what struck me most was that Katherine and Jeffrey had perfect attendance.  Timothy missed only three days of school; each of those days was spent at the hospital for testing or the transplant. No one, NO ONE, had been sick all year long. 

How had I missed that?  Until Kristen's and Timothy's fevers, we had not had a sick child for almost an entire year? My five very friendly, active, involved children had not caught even one bug from any of their dozens of classmates and friends?  During a year when Michael's immune system was so seriously compromised, his family stayed perfectly healthy?  OK, I'm belaboring the point . . . What an amazing answer to prayers!

Those Perfect Attendance certificates are extra special this year.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, such a detail that could only have orchestrated by an amazing God! (said by the realist mom whose kids tallied up almost 30 sick days). Praising God for His protection over your family in all things!

    ReplyDelete